Friday, November 9, 2012

No Mistakes

Everyone makes mistakes, especially in the kitchen. The question is, are they really mistakes? We are having guests over for dinner, and I had aspirations of making beef bourguignonne. I know, look at me, all fancy. Well after going to childrens mass with the girls, going shopping for Thanksgiving outfits (for the girls), picking up Josie, and finally coming home, I realized I forgot to marinate the beef yesterday. Now, just a few years ago I would have thrown my hands up in the air, and said forget it, and tried to figure out something else to make. Today I pushed through, and though my beef bourguignonne would most likely make Julia Childs cry, my house smells wonderful, the dish tastes great, and not a single tear shed. My point, there are no mistakes in cooking, just opportunities to discover different dishes. If your in the middle of a recipe and you realize you have forgot to shop for an ingredient, or you forgot a step in the recipe. Don't throw the towel in, push through, you may create something better than the original. If that doesn't work, that's why they invented pizza delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment