Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Savona with Keith Taylor

Like I have said before I'm blessed to get to work with amazing people, and last was night I got to work with Keith Taylor of Savona in Centerville, Ohio. Keith is a smart, creative quick witted chef who blows my mind every time our paths cross. He can take the simplest ingredients, and take them to places they didn't even know they could go. My mouth is watering for more, so I'm taking my husband on a date to the one and only Savona. Here is one of the recipes that he demonstrated last night. He served a perfectly cooked beef tenderloin on top. YUM!


Mushroom Puree
·         2 lbs. of mushrooms finely chopped
·         ¼ cup of oil
·         ¼ cup veal stock
      ·         1 small onion finely chopped
     ·         1 tsp. garlic
     ·         1 Tbsp. fresh or dried thyme
     ·         1 Tbsp. truffle oil
 
Chop onion and mushroom in food processor.
Heat oil in a skillet and add mushroom and onion mixture and garlic.
Add thyme and sauté.  When tender add stock and truffle oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment