Monday, January 14, 2013

Gearing up to teach at Cooks'Wares

I'm getting very excited to teach to a sold out class at Cooks'Wares in Springboro, Ohio. http://www.cookswaresonline.com/Classes/01.16.13_Italian_Comfort_Rathweg.html
Here is a link to the menu I will be teaching. I love to share my enthusiasm of cooking with other people. One of my favorite things about teaching is seeing that ah ha moment in a students eyes when they realize "this can be easy, this does not need to be so hard, what have I been so afraid of". When I see that moment, and it happens almost every class, I get chills up my spine. I am sharing will you today the meat ball recipe that I will be demonstrating for the class.

Meatballs
1/2 pound ground veal
1/2 pound ground pork
1 pound ground beef
1 cup fresh white bread crumbs (3 to 4 slices, no crust)
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
¾ cup milk
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 extra-large egg, beaten

 Preheat oven to 375°

Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out your desired size meat ball.

 Cover a large cookie sheet with tin foil, arrange meatballs so they are not touching. Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the meatballs are golden brown all the way around.

 I always double the recipe, and freeze what I do not use.

This recipe will make approximately 30 mini meat balls and 15 large.

No comments:

Post a Comment