Friday, December 7, 2012

Sick Hubby

It looks like the flu is coming to our house. YUCK! Andrew has been away on business, and it looks like he may have the flu. So today the flu will be coming to me. YEA...not. I have done all of the preliminary disinfecting, wiped down all knobs and hard surfaces, but I have to say its like the calm before the storm. So what does every cook do when they know there house is going to be infected by the mnemonic plague..... Make Chicken Soup. One of my fondest childhood memory is my Mom making me homemade chicken soup when I was sick. She said you had to put everything in, the liver, gizzards, heart, the whole chicken otherwise it wouldn't work.  Maybe it is all in my head, but I swear it works.

Mom’s Chicken Soup


 
1 whole chicken
2 large onions, chopped
5 or 6 celery stalks with leaves, chopped
2 cups baby carrots, chopped
½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
water
salt and pepper

 Cut up chicken and cover with water in large stockpot. Bring liquid to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes skimming off waste periodically.

Add rest of ingredients, and simmer for 30 minutes to an hour. Add chopped fresh parsley during remaining ten minutes

Hope everyone stays heathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment