Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pretty Little Puffs


For those of you that know me, I HATE TO BAKE. No really I would rather have a tooth removed, but as it goes  I often have to do it for a cooking class or a catering event. Today I am making many, many, many cream puffs. Now, this is my kind of baking. 4 ingredients, very little time, and the result is tasty little puffs of deliciousness. You can fill these little puffs with just about anything depending on how big you make them. Today I am filling them with a vanilla pudding mixture, but you could easily fill them with chocolate pudding  or fruit filling. Go savory with bigger puffs and fill them with chicken, egg, or tuna salad.

1 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1/4 salt
1 cup flour
4 eggs


Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).

In a large pot, bring water and butter to a rolling boil. Stir in flour and salt until the mixture forms a ball. Transfer the dough to a large mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon or stand mixer, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Centers should be dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment