Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pho Obsession

As you may know because of my love of Anthony Bourdain, I have also become very fond of a dish called Pho. This lovely Vietnamese noodle dish is truly food for the soul. The hot broth and wonderful aromas can cure all that ails you.

I totally by accident made a dish the other day with ramen, and condiments I had left over from taco night (tomato, red onion, and lettuce). Though this dish typically has meat like the above photo, it filled a need for that much loved soup. Pho typically is served with bean sprouts, basil and lime, but this is how my improvisation worked out.
 
 Start out with your favorite ramen brand.
 


 Cook noodles by themselves according to package directions.
 While the noodles are cooking gather and chop your additions. These can be anything you like. You can even add a protein if you would like.
 This a spice blend that I found at Krogers that intrigued me. It has a mild kick and a lovely lime flavor. It is a perfect condiment to this dish.
 When the noodles are finished cooking, drain and put in a bowl. To the same pot add 1 1/2 cups water, the seasoning packet, and whatever additions you come up with.
 If I add a leaf green , I usually add it in during the last couple of minutes.
Voila you have a tasty, inexpensive dish that took very little time.
Remember this dish is only as creative as you are so get thinking and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment